Yeyyy, I got my very first blogging award from my dear friendly Salmon, Sara 😉 Unlike many other bloggers who have absolutely no clue when they receive their first award, I am quite knowledgeable in this area. You see, I am a bit of an obsessive, compulsive person whenever I begin to undertake any task, so when I first started blogging I spent hours and hours going through blogs learning about Freshly Pressed, Blogger Awards, Monetizing blogs, etc., etc., And I wanted them all to happen 😀 Then slowly reality hit me; I sort of forgot about them all and just tried to keep doing what I love. So this award was a pleasant surprise and thank you Sara for considering me as one of your dearest friendly neighbors. It’s definitely an honor 🙂
So, what does this mean? Liebster in German means “Dearest” and this has been going around in the blogging community for quite a few years now and is bestowed upon newbie bloggers. There are a few conditions though, once someone chooses to accept it. (You can even reject it but I don’t see much point it except that you really need to spend some time for this acceptance post! )
So without further ado, the conditions are :
(a) Thank the blogger who gives it.
(b) Answer the eleven questions s/he asks.
(c) Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
(d) Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
(e) Let these bloggers know that I have nominated them.
The 11 questions for me by Sara and my answers inline:
1. Whether or not you believe in heaven, what do you imagine heaven should be like?
Filled with chocolate trees and ice cream fountains , but the most important part is we should never be able to put on weight when in Heaven 😉
2. Would you rather live in a challenging city like..umm, Bombay OR a clean, user-friendly city like Abu Dhabi? (There’s not many places I’ve experienced in the world to name any others:) )
I would want to experience both 🙂
3. If you got to spend one day in someone else’s shoes, who would you choose to be?
A lot of celebrities come to mind but being them for one day would just make me miserable for the rest of my days! 😉
4. What languages can you speak other than English?
Tamil , my mother tongue. Un petite peu de Francais and a teeny tiny bit of Hindi (I already see my north-Indian friends glaring faces 😉 )
5. What do you think of all-girls schools?
I studied in one for my high school. So obviously, AWESOME!
6. What physical feature of yours do you sometimes wish were a little different?
My nose! I keep saying this all the time but I don’t think I will get a nose job either 😉
7. What did you like most about your favorite teacher?
Her unconventional spirit. She didn’t care about how teachers were supposed to behave, she did what she believed in and taught us so much more than text books.
8. If there was one thing you’d like your teachers to have done differently, what would it be?
More Fun stuff! More field trips!
9. If you were allowed one free-trip before you died, where would you choose to go?
Home. I don’t want to die in a foreign land.
10. What social injustice riles you up the most?
There are many; I am quite sensitive to anything that involved mistreatment, torture or loss of lives.
11. What’s your favourite type of blog-post?
If it’s the one I like writing it’s Memoirs; for reading I love every single type of blog-post.
Ufff.. finally my interview questions are over 😉 11 is definitely a lot of questions so I googled around to see if there was any loop hole I could utilize to make the lives of my nominees easier. And yes, there is!! Variations of liebster awards allow for 5-11 questions, so I will go with 5 🙂
1. If I became your real neighbor, what would you want me to serve when you visit me?
2. What was your latest nightmare?
3. Which animal best describes you and why?
4. If you had your own unicorn, what would you do with it?
5. Who is your role model?
I follow an eclectic range of bloggers who write about travel, food, fashion, philosophy, everyday life, expat life in India, etc., Therefore my nominees are also varied but an awesome bunch of bloggers, who never fail to impress me with their updates. I am very proud to announce the nominees of my Liebster Award…. <drum roll>
1. The Wandering Buddha – Someone who has followed an almost similar path as me and his postcards are simply awe inspiring.